DOC's weed management procedures ensure its operations are effective, managed safely, and meet all legal requirements.
This page provides access to DOC's systems and templates, which may be useful for others managing weeds.
The documents describe the two types of weed programmes undertaken by DOC:
- Weed-led programme - targets a single species and aims to achieve either eradication or containment of the weed
- Site-led programme - undertaken to protect natural areas and the long-term survival of native species and communities. This typically involves the ongoing control of a suite of weeds to low levels.
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on this page:
Weed surveillance SOP
The SOP guides DOC staff in detecting and identifying new invasive weeds. It describes best practice standards and requirements that must be met.
Standard Operating Procedure: DOCDM-231178 (PDF, 662K)
Weed planner SOP
Standard Operating Procedure: DOCDM-792258 (PDF, 657K)
This SOP guides DOC staff to plan and carry out effective and efficient weed management programmes. It contains the technical specifications forms for recording information about the specifications for weed control projects.
1. Weed-led technical specifications - template: DOCDM-792268 (XLS, 70K)
Use this form to write a plan for a weed-led project.
2. Site-led technical specification - template: DOCDM-792274 (XLS, 75K)
Use this form to write a plan for a site-led project.
3. Weed-led technical specification form - example: DOCDM-792282 (XLS, 66K)
This is a completed weed-led plan, based on the weed-led technical specifications template.
4. Site-led technical specification form - example: DOCDM-792289 (XLS, 98K)
This is a completed site-led plan, based on the site-led technical specifications template.
Weed control reporting and review SOP
Standard Operating Procedure: DOCDM-791719 (PDF, 473K)
This SOP guides DOC staff in the annual reporting on, and longer term reviewing, of weed control programmes. It also guides staff and in assesssing the success of their programmes. This SOP complements the Weed planner SOP.
2. Annual weed report - template: DOCDM-791860 (DOC, 118K)
Use this template to prepare an annual report for weed-led and site-led programmes.
3. Site-led annual report - example: DOCDM-791802 (PDF, 78K)
This is a completed example of an annual report for a site-led programme, based on the report template.
4. Weed-led annual report - example: DOCDM-791850 (PDF, 65K)
This is a completed example of an annual report for a weed-led programme, based on the report template.
5. Site-led programme review - template: DOCDM-791862 (DOC, 82K)
Use this template to prepare a review of a site-led programme.
6. Weed-led programme review - template: DOCDM-791864 (DOC, 74K)
Use this template to prepare a review of a weed-led programme.
7. Site-led programme review - example: DOCDM-791867 (PDF, 90K)
This is a completed example of a review of a site-led programme, based on the review template.
8. Weed-led programme review - example: DOCDM-791877 (PDF, 65K)
This is a completed example of a review of a weed-led programme, based on the review template.
Weedbusters website - weeds awareness and education programme
Viewing files on this page
If you can't view these files contact us to request another format. About our files.