The role is for one year with a flexible time schedule. The workload will be roughly 16 hours every 3 months. We are ready to run when you are - just get in touch.
Dunedin is known as the wildlife capital of New Zealand. We have special creatures and special places that we want to connect people with.
We use Urban Nature panels to provide people to with a meaningful connection to the places they visit around Dunedin. The panels have short, thought-provoking statements with engaging images that provide a link to further information so that people can connect to something they may not have known about before.
We need a science communications pro to help make sure our panels are in the right place and looking great. You will manage the installations of signs as well as looking after social media engagement around the panels.
You will be working all around Dunedin from Macandrew Bay to the West Harbour.
What to expect
This role will provide you with:
- an opportunity to explore special places in Dunedin
- education/advocacy experience
- science communication experience
- work with DOC and the Otago Museum.
You will need:
- to be able to work independently (although you can bring a buddy)
- to have your own car or a full, clean driver’s licence (petrol vouchers will be provided)
- to have a good eye for detail
- to be practical and creative.
How to apply
Register to volunteer by completing the online application form.
Not quite for you?
If you have questions about this activity email firstname.lastname@example.org.